Peer Reviewed Journal Papers
(3) S. Tozza, R. Mecca, M. Duocastella and A. Del Bue, Direct Differential Photometric Stereo Shape Recovery of Diffuse and Specular Surfaces, Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, Article in Press, pp. 1-20, 2016.
(6) R. Mecca, A. Tankus, A. Wetzler and A. M. Bruckstein, A Direct Differential Approach to Photometric Stereo with Perspective Viewing, SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 579-612, 2014.
(1) R. Mecca and S. Tozza, Shape Reconstruction of Symmetric Surfaces using Photo- metric Stereo, In book: Innovations for Shape Analysis, Publisher: Springer Berlin Heidelberg, Editors: Breuß, Michael and Bruckstein, Alfred and Maragos, Petros, pp.219-243 (2013).
Peer Reviewed Conference Publications
(1) F. Logothetis, R. Mecca and R. Cipolla, Semi-calibrated Near Field Photometric Stereo, Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2017), Hawaii, USA, July 22 - 25, 2017.
(2) F. Logothetis, R. Mecca, Y. Queau and Roberto Cipolla, Near-Field Photometric Stereo in Ambient Light, Proceedings of the British Machine Vision Conference (BMVC 2016), York, UK, September 19 - 22, 2016.
(3) Y. Queau, R. Mecca and J.D. Durou, Unbiased Photometric Stereo for Colored Surfaces: A Variational Approach, Proceedings of IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR 2016), Las Vegas, USA, June 26 - July 1, 2016.
(4) R. Mecca and Y. Queau, Unifying Diffuse and Specular Reflections for the Photometric Stereo Problem, Proceedings of IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV 2016), Lake Placid, USA, March 7-9, 2016.
(5) R. Mecca, E. Rodola` and D. Cremers, Analysis of surface parametrizations for modern photometric stereo modeling, Proceedings of the Twelfth International Conference on Quality Control by Artificial Vision (QCAV 2015), Le Creusot, France, June 3-5, 2015.
(7) R. Mecca, A. Wetzler, R. Kimmel, and A. M. Bruckstein, Direct Shape Recovery from Photometric Stereo with Shadows, Proceedings of 3D Vision Conference (3DV 2013), Seattle, United States, June 29-July 1, 2013.
(8) R. Mecca, G. Rosman, R. Kimmel, and A. M. Bruckstein, Perspective Photometric Stereo with Shadows, Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Scale Space and Variational Methods in Computer Vision (SSVM 2013), Leibnitz, Austria, June 2-6, 2013.
(9) R. Mecca, A. Tankus and A. M. Bruckstein, Two-Image Perspective Photometric Stereo using Shape-from-Shading, Proceedings of the 11th Asian Conference on Com- puter Vision (ACCV 2012), Daejeon, South Korea, November 5-9, 2012.
(10) S. Larnier and R. Mecca, Fractional-Order Diffusion for Image Reconstruction, Pro- ceedings of the 2012 IEEE International Conference on Acoustic Speech and Signal (ICASSP 2012), Kyoto, Japan, March 25-30, 2012.
(11) R. Mecca, Uniqueness for Shape from Shading via Photometric Stereo Technique, in the Proceeding of the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP 2011), Brussels, Belgium, September 11-14, 2011, pp. 2994-2997.
(12) R. Mecca and J.D. Durou, Unambiguous Photometric Stereo Using Two Images, in G. Maino and G.L. Foresti (Eds.), Image Analysis and Processing, ICIAP 2011, 16th International Conference on Image Analysis and Processing, Ravenna, Italy, September 14-16, 2011. Lectures Notes on Computer Science, Volume 6978, pp. 286-295, Springer, 2011.
Other relevant references
(2) T. D. Kulkarni, W. F. Whitney, P. Kohli, and J. Tenenbaum, Deep convolutional inverse graphics network, in Advances in Neural Information Processing Systems 28, C. Cortes, N. D. Lawrence, D. D. Lee, M. Sugiyama, and R. Garnett, eds., Curran Associates, Inc., 2015, pp. 2539–2547.